Would you like your school to attract more applicants? To start bringing in more applicants, you can utilize a few simple marketing strategies, regardless of whether you are a small or large university.
We’ve outlined seven strategies that you can utilize to raise your school’s fees rate today
1. Develop a Website & Optimized
If you’ve looked at websites mentioning the importance of optimized websites while doing research on school marketing ideas, you’ve no doubt come across sites mentioning it. Can you explain? You can optimize a site in three ways so that it attracts more applicants.
In the first place, you should design your website in a way that gives readers an understanding of your benefits and leads them through it in a simple manner. The reader will hit the back button if you bombard them with too much at once. Ensure that your call to action is clear as well. Please see two examples: “Apply Now” and “Signup here”. In order for your calls to action to be effective, they need to be placed where your website’s visitors are most likely to click on them. The more applicants you see from your website, the more likely it is that the “Apply Now” button will float on the reader’s screen. Conversion optimization (which we excel at) is a strategy that is known.
Your website should also be mobile-friendly. A website alone won’t cut it anymore. Various devices are required so it can be read and loaded – tablets, phones, laptops, etc. Taking too long to load your website or not being able to properly display your website on these devices will make visitors leave and never come back. You should use a responsive design for your website. A responsive website resizes itself according to the browser width. This website illustrates this. Simply pull in the corner of the browser and make the width smaller. You can now see how the site changes its layout to make it easier to read. We created the video below to give you a better understanding of how responsive design works.
2. Increase Your Online Activity
Increasing your online presence can dramatically improve your application rate and your reach. It’s important to be active in the right places online, however, in order for this to happen. Check out these tips.
- Using a blog to produce content about your school, what’s happening, and how it differs from others is a great way to educate potential students. The increase in traffic will also lead to more pages being indexed by search engines. Consequently, more applicants will be attracted.
- A guest blog on another appropriate site can greatly increase your reach as well as your own. In addition to allowing you to link back to your school website, which is a great way to reach individuals who did not know about your school previously.
- The best way to increase your tuition rate is to use social media to target potential applicants.
3. Organize Informative and Entertaining Open Houses
It is extremely effective to host an open house to increase applications. Experience the college firsthand by touring it, meeting the faculty, and meeting the students. Your open house should be informative, engaging, and fun if you want to attract a high number of applicants. There’s a chance that they will “tune out” what you’re saying altogether if they feel bored by what you’re saying. Here are some suggestions for making your open house both informative and fun:
- Break up speakers with free coffee or snacks during breaks of 10-15 minutes.
- Ensure that the guides get people involved and ask questions on their tours to add energy.
- Promote complementary merchandise like shirts, mugs, pens, etc. As they consider their options, your school will remain in mind.
4. Invest in Targeted Mailings
Schools can still benefit from “old school” marketing methods such as targeted mailings. A marketing agency can determine the most likely places to send mailings in order to reach your target demographic.
To encourage recipients to take action, including a very clear call-to-action in these mailings. For instance, “Register today for our free open house.”
5. Distribute free Marketing Materials
Many companies and startups give away shirts as part of their marketing strategy. The strategy led to a million-dollar income for one entrepreneur.
The shirts are walking billboards, so to speak, for current and prospective students. Send out school flyers to spread the word around, this would be an ideal choice to notify people about existence.
6. Ask Alumni for Testimonials
The most effective marketing method is word of mouth. It is more common for us to trust what other people have to say about a company or organization than the actual company or association itself.
Your alumni should provide you with a small testimonial about what they enjoyed about your school and what they gained by attending. Make sure these testimonials appear on your website, in your brochures, etc.
7. Make a Video
The average person reads very little nowadays. The audience skims the content and only gets the gist. Misunderstandings can occur. A video will catch prospective students’ attention and provide them with as much information as possible about your school. Consider these reasons and more…
- This will enable you to capture and hold their attention for a long time.
- It is much easier to share visual content.
- The video will increase the number of targeted visitors to your site.