Living in the Queen of the Suburbs is a coveted experience for Mumbai residents. This explains the skyrocketing demand for luxury flats in Mumbai in this prime neighbourhood, which has some of the city’s costliest real estate prices along with cutting-edge infrastructure, social amenities, and the homes of the rich and famous along with movie stars. Which locality are we talking about? Bandra, of course!
The list of residents in the neighbourhood reads like a Walk of Fame scroll. Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar, Rekha, Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt..you name it and they all prefer staying in the charming suburb of Bandra. Naturally, there are multiple options for luxury flats in Mumbai, across projects helmed by leading real estate developers.
Luxury Realty Market Keeps Chugging in Bandra
Bandra is witnessing a flurry of transactions in recent years. Salman Khan and his family are reportedly planning to develop a 19-storied hotel on a sea-facing plot at Carter Road. The Bollywood superstar has previously leased out apartments in Bandra West for whooping sums in rentals every month. He has also renewed a rental agreement for a duplex in Bandra.
Zishaan Hayath, a promoter of a leading Edutech company has purchased an apartment here for Rs. 41 crore, while Alia Bhatt has invested in an apartment for Rs. 37 crore. She bought this flat in a building where Ranbir Kapoor already has an apartment. Of course, her in-laws’ bungalow in Pali Hill, Bandra, is now being made into a high-rise. There are many other skyscrapers that are seeing apartments being sold out at staggering rates.
Why is Bandra the Go-To Destination for Luxury Flats?
Luxury flats in Mumbai are witnessing higher traction in Bandra, due to several key reasons. Some of them include the following:
- Bandra is one of the most well-connected localities in Mumbai, offering easy access to Khar, Kurla, Santacruz, Mahim, and Dharavi, along with the BKC (Bandra-Kurla Complex) commercial hub.
- Major roads include the Swami Vivekanand (SV) Road, Turner Road, Carter Road, Hill Road, Linking Road, Naupada Road and the Western Express Highway.
- The Bandra-Worli Sea Link links Bandra West to Worli, enabling better connectivity for residents.
- Bandra has its own railway station which has connections to the Harbour and Western Railway lines. There is the Bandra Terminus in the eastern part of the neighbourhood.
- BEST and other buses run in the locality along with taxis, auto-rickshaws, cabs and other means of transportation.
Top-Class Social Infrastructure and Attractions-
- Bandra is home to several recreational zones including the famous Jogger’s Park, Otter’s Club, Bandstand Promenade and the Carter Road Promenade.
- Along with the seaside promenades, Bandra is also home to the iconic Mount Mary’s Basilica and shopping hubs like Hill Road and Linking Road. Pali Hill is home to numerous cafes and restaurants, while the Bandra Fort and colonial bungalows add a special touch to the area.
- The area is home to several shopping malls and centres including the Gazebo Shopping Centre, Link Square Mall and others.
- Leading educational institutions, healthcare facilities, stores, retail hubs, entertainment and recreational zones, cafés, pubs, restaurants and parks are readily available in the area.
So what explains the demand for luxury flats in Bandra? Some of the biggest demand-drivers include the celebrity profile of the area, cutting-edge civic and social infrastructure, excellent connectivity to multiple parts of Mumbai, great recreational facilities, access to lovely promenades and more. The projects here are exclusive offerings, which are unmatched in their locations, amenities and overall brand value. These are factors which contribute towards the soaring sales figures of luxury flats in Mumbai here.