With the advancements in the education industry, there are a few different education boards that students can choose when deciding what route to take for their schooling. Some students opt for the traditional way of attending a public school in their district, while others may choose to be homeschooled or to attend a private school. Some students even decide to get their education from an online school.
Most private schools in India are affiliated with one of the three main education boards – the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, abbreviated as CISCE, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), or the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). In addition, many schools offer the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) or the Cambridge International Examination (CIE).
Features of the Cambridge CIE board:
- The Cambridge CIE board is a leading international education provider that offers a wide range of qualifications, including the International Baccalaureate (IB), A-levels, O-levels, and the Cambridge IGCSE.
- The curriculum provides a strong foundation in academic skills and knowledge while promoting international-mindedness and 21st-century skills.
- The Cambridge CIE board offers various subjects, including arts, sciences, business, and humanities.
- Some of the top unique features and advantages of the Cambridge CIE board include its global recognition, rigorous curriculum, and experienced educators.
Features of the IGCSE board:
- The International General Certificate of Secondary Education, or IGCSE, is a globally recognized secondary school curriculum offered by the Cambridge International Examinations board.
- IGCSE is typically offered to students aged 14-16, although it is also available to students aged 13 and over in the best school in Malaysia.
- The IGCSE curriculum prepares students for further education, employment, or training.
- It covers various subjects, including English, Math, Science, and Humanities. In addition, IGCSE offers a variety of assessment methods, including exams, coursework, and practicals.
There are over 70 IGCSE boards offered by Cambridge International Examinations, each with its unique curriculum. Some of the top special features and advantages of the Cambridge CIE board include the following:
- A broad and balanced curriculum that covers a wide range of subjects
- A flexible assessment system that enables students to be assessed in a way that suits their learning style
- A global reputation for excellence
- A strong focus on developing independent learners
- A wide range of support and resources available for students and teachers
Difference between Cambridge CIE and IGCSE:
There are several key differences between the Cambridge CIE and IGCSE boards. The CIE board is more internationally recognized, meaning its qualifications are recognized by universities and employers worldwide. On the other hand, the IGCSE board is more focused on the UK market.
Another key difference is that the CIE board offers a more comprehensive curriculum covering a wider range of subjects. On the other hand, the IGCSE board provides a more focused curriculum, emphasizing core subjects such as English, Maths, and Science. Some other differences include the following:
- The CIE provides both an academic and a vocational track, while the IGCSE only offers an academic path.
- The CIE has a more extended history, while the IGCSE is a newer qualification.
Finally, the CIE board offers exams at a higher level, such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the Advanced Placement (AP) program. The IGCSE board does not provide exams at this level.