Buying advice: How to find the right product in our rotary hammer comparison
The most important in a nutshell
- In contrast to an impact drill, a hammer drill has its own impact mechanism. As a result, it is also able to drill holes in particularly hard walls. The performance depends on the impact of energy in joules.
- Most manufacturers offer the hammer drill incl. case. This makes the tool easy to transport. To simplify the change of drills, there is the hammer drill incl. interchangeable drill chuck. The drilling diameters vary depending on the model.
- Make sure that your hammer drill for concrete has at least a capacity of 2 joules. This performance is enough for you to drill a hole even in harder walls. The rotary hammer with SDS-Plus is the most common variant.
Read also: genoanime
A classic drill is now part of the basic equipment of most do-it-yourselfers. It is used to drill a hole in a wall. But especially when renovating, the drill quickly reaches its limits. This means that hardly any holes can be drilled into concrete walls with it.
The solution in this case is a hammer drill, also known as a hammer drill. Both during construction and renovation, the hammer drill scores with its enormous performance, which is due to its own, integrated impact mechanism. In order to take advantage of the full power, the hammer drill with drill and chisel set is usually offered. This allows you to react flexibly.
So that you have everything at hand, it is best to opt for a hammer drill incl. suitcase. In most cases, you will find enough space here to store the accessories in addition to the tool.
When choosing a suitable tool, our large hammer drill comparison 2022 can help you. Determine which rotary hammer is offered with depth stop. Our table also shows you which rotary hammer with a soft grip offers improved ergonomics.
How does a hammer drill work?
Due to its design and equipment, a hammer drill is robust, powerful, and reliable.
Basically, it combines two necessary and important work steps. So you can both drill and hammer with this tool.
The combination of these two work steps ensures that you can also penetrate hard mineral material with a hammer drill. It does not reach its limits even with bricks and concrete.
Regardless of whether the rotary hammer has a rotatable additional handle, it works as follows:
The stroke movement sometimes includes 4000 beats and more per minute. The high stroke rate ensures that the material is worn down.
As a result, the drill’s cutting edge can eventually penetrate more quickly.
As the cutting edge penetrates, the drill can transport the dust to the outside.
Based on the functionality, different types can be distinguished in a hammer drill test.
Read also: webtoon xyz
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different rotary hammers?
Before you buy a rotary hammer, you are certainly interested in the advantages and disadvantages of these machines and tools. In general, a powerful motor is installed in the rotary hammer, so it is one of the indispensable tools, especially for professionals.
But even as a do-it-yourselfer, it can be worthwhile to invest in a good hammer drill. We summarize the most important advantages and disadvantages:
- very powerful
- also suitable for particularly hard rock
- comfortable to use
- can be used for demolition work
also read: best sander for car paint removal
- quite heavy and noisy
- unsuitable for finer drilling work