Buying advice: How to find the right product in our cross-line laser comparison
The most important in a nutshell
- A cross-line laser will help you with various renovations. best belt sander for knife making if you are laying tiles or electrics, it is particularly important to be able to draw straight lines. Even if you build a drywall substructure, you will be happy about the handy helper.
- Be sure to adjust the accuracy of the line laser to the specific work area. The tolerance range of most models is between 0.3 and 0.8 millimeters.
- Many cross-line lasers can be purchased with practical accessories. A tripod is useful to align the laser on a wall without outside help. Alternatively, devices with a bracket for the wall are included.
If you want to avoid something going wrong in the truest sense of the word during the next renovation, you need the right tool. For a long time, the spirit level was the means of choice, today you can rely on modern technology. With a cross-line laser, you can easily draw straight and perpendicular lines over the entire wall surface. However, you should not buy the first model, but adapt the device to your needs. A line laser test or cross-line laser test 2022 on the Internet can tell you how to do this.
What is a cross-line laser?
A cross-line laser, as the name suggests, is a line laser. The power tools are equipped with a special laser. These are not limited to one point during optical reproduction but can create an entire line or even across. Due to their functionality, the devices help with measurement. Compared to the conventional process, which uses spirit level and pencil, you save a lot of time.
The cross-line laser allows you to project green or red lines onto the wall. These run vertically and horizontally so that they form a cross with four 90-degree angles. Even inexperienced do-it-yourselfers can use this type of technology quickly and easily and thus simplify leveling work. However, when choosing such a device, it is important to pay attention to the quality. First of all, the laser beam should be strong enough to be able to see it well. Even inexpensive cross-line lasers are suitable for illuminating small rooms sufficiently.
If you value a professional way of working, you should only be satisfied with the best cross-line laser. Corresponding models are very bright, long-range, and particularly precise. Of course, you have to expect comparatively high acquisition costs in return.
So that you can work well with it, the cross-line laser stands on the ground or is mounted on a universal tripod. best drum floor sander you can also align the cross-line laser to the ceiling. If, on the other hand, it is to point to a wall, you can opt for a model with a wall bracket.
Line lasers belong to the category of construction lasers, which are mainly used for interior design. It is advantageous that the laser can replace spirit level, tape measure or caliper. This and the easy handling make the device a sensible purchase for do-it-yourselfers. However, as professional construction lasers, rotary lasers are the better choice. These are accompanied by the following advantages and disadvantages:
- Rotatable by 360 degrees
- Suitable for diameters between 300 and 400 meters
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- More complicated handling than cross-line lasers
- Expensive to buy